Friday, May 4, 2012

Finally coming home.  Yesterday my friend Bob Weir and I drove from Lexington to Georgetown to the Bluegrass International garage to pick up the bus.  I took it there back in November, so it has been gone for
6 months, almost to the day.  They did a lot of work... most was mentioned in a previous post.  The bus ran fine on the drive back to Lexington and I could tell an improvement in the steering but it still has quite a bit of play in the wheel.  They replaced all the major steering components except the slave cylinder and steering gear box.  It is still work to keep it in a lane properly at highway speeds, but better than it was before.  I am glad to have it back and with lots of luck and money, maybe I can get to work on the inside some this summer.

Picture of the bus going down I-75 South from Georgetown to Lexington, taken by Bob from the trailing car.





Me backing the bus in the lot where I keep the bus.

No comments: