Sunday, October 23, 2011

I am supposed to go next Tuesday afternoon to Bob Somerel Tire in Winchester, KY to have my new rear wheels and tires installed on the bus.  Today Barry and I were supposed to jack up the back of the bus and remove the dual on one side so I could get under there and inspect a few things.  I really need to check the differential fluid level and top off if necessary as I know it has a leaking seal.  I just don't know how much has leaked off and I need to check it before I get on I-64 to Winchester.


However, as Barry is known to do OFTEN, he did not show up.  We were supposed to do it last Sunday too, but he felt it more important to go to Court Days in Flemingsburg.  I do not want to do that job alone and I could use his muscle too to help, so I spent the afternoon cleaning up the inside more, removing the old carpet and padding, and then testing my air horns that I bought last summer.  


From the pictures you can see the carpet is all gone.  I tested the horns with my air compressor and jumped to the batteries, and they work.  They are even dual voltage.  At some point I'll need to install them but that will be a lot of work as I need to tie to the air system and the electric.  Currently I have no horn on the bus.

No comments: